Organization Containers: How to pick the right one
YOU SEE THE PRETTY INSTAGRAM PHOTOS OF PANTRY’S, KITCHENS, AND DRAWERS SO PERFECTLY ORGANIZED IT LEAVES YOU FEELING A LITTLE DISSATISFIED WITH YOUR OWN HOME.
YOU ARE A MOM, YOU HAVE A BUSY FAMILY, AND THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD GET, AND STAY AS ORGANIZED AS THOSE PHOTOS HAVE YOU DREAMING OF.
I GET IT, I TOTALLY DO! WITH 5 KIDS, 2 DOGS, AND A HUSBAND THAT WORKS SUPER LONG HOURS, I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD HAVE SPACES THAT LOOKED LIKE THAT EITHER!
BUT YOU CAN!! YOU SO CAN!!
LET ME SHARE WITH YOU HOW TO MAKE THOSE BEAUTIFUL SPACES HAPPEN IN YOUR OWN HOME.
It’s all about the organization containers.
No, really, it is!
Choosing the right kind of organizing container can make a space look polished and put together, even if it’s filled with the stuff of a busy, beautiful life.
THERE ARE 3 THINGS YOU MUST REMEMBER WHEN CHOOSING THE RIGHT ORGANIZATION CONTAINER FOR THE SPACE YOU ARE WORKING IN:
- The 1st thing to consider when choosing the right organization container is: Price
This may not be everyone’s number one factor when choosing an organization container, but it’s super high on my list.
With a large family – that NEEDS organization!! – but is also on a budget, I am not going to spend a bunch of money on containers to get my family organized if I can help it.
You have to decide what type of organization containers are workable in your family’s budget.
Or you can even shop your house for organization containers if your budget is super tight!
- The 2nd thing to think about when picking the right organization container is: Aesthetic
I have opinions about this specific area that you may or may not agree with. But I’m going to share it since you’re here.
When you are finished organizing your space, you want it to feel clean, light, and even airy.
If you absolutely want to have some sort of color in your organization containers, I’d suggest sticking with one color.
Choosing more than one color could lead to your space still not looking organized, even if it is.
I have two suggestions when it comes to using wire or natural baskets:
- Use them to put items you don’t really want to “see”.
- Use them lower on shelves. They will just naturally “look” heavier than the white or acrylic bins, so keeping them low will make the weight of the bins in the space make sense (you can see in the pic above that my basket is on the top! It drove me crazy, so I went and got another white bin!!).
- The last thing you need to keep in mind when choosing organization containers is: the Function.
And maybe this should be first on the list, but…
You want to be sure that each organization container you choose for your newly organized space #1 fits the space itself. But #2 will also fit the items that you plan on storing in them.
Which means you may have some decluttering to do before you get your bins in place.
read more on decluttering here: How to Declutter ANY Space